Scene One: Beef Scaloppini cuts on reduced for quick sale. Yep, never made it. I had never even heard of it in fact. Does that stop this savvy shopper and creative cook? I think not.
Scene Two: Thawed beef and no earthy idea how to cook it. No worries, I have the internet. After reading about 6-7 recipes I quickly realized that almost all the recipes required mushrooms, white wine and capers, none of which I had. Did I break a sweat? What would be the use? I had thawed “reduced for quick sale” meat, there are very little options; cook it or throw it out. No worries. I had a kitchen full of good eats just waiting to be made into something amazing.
Scene Three: Hunt through fridge and pantry and come up with culinary genius dish. (Thank you very much)
Kids and husband LOVED!
Mediterranean/Italian Beef Scaloppini
1-2 lbs Beef Scaloppini Cuts
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion diced
1 Red Bell diced
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary or 2 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 Cup red wine
4 large garlic cloves crushed or diced fine
1 Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1 Jar Marinated Mediterranean Vegetables in oil
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1 slice of Mozzarella cheese for each person.
- Salt and pepper beef. Heat oil on med/high heat in Dutch oven. Cook beef 3-5 minutes until almost done, set aside beef.
- Add onions, red bell and garlic and rosemary. Cook until almost done, about 7 minutes.
- Add wine and deglaze pan. Add tomato and Mediterranean Veggies.
- Return meat to pan and cover with veggies and sauce. Let cook on medium to low heat for about 10 minutes or until meat and veggies are completely cooked and well done.
- Plate one piece of beef on each person’s plate. Top with one slice of mozzarella cheese then top with hot veggies from pot. (it will melt cheese)
Yum. Enjoy. I served with steamed asparagus coated with olive oil, salt and fresh squeezed lemon juice. It was a perfect simple side to a complex and delicious main dish.