Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Krab Corn Chowder

I found a version of this recipe in a kids cook book. The original called for canned salmon and no peppers. To tell you the truth, I thought the idea of canned salmon in a soup sounded repulsive. I did however see much potential for the recipe itself. I do not feel like I swiped this from another cook. This recipe is my own, and it is so-so good. This is so good, you could drink it.

By the way, for those of you that do not know, Krab is fake crab meat. It is very inexpensive and very good. I really don't know for sure what it is made of, but its great. Use leftover Krab to make quesadillas for the kids, you can even sneak in some spinach and they will eat it up like crazy.

If you are not a big fan of fishy food, this is definitely the recipe for you. The crab does not taste fishy at all. It is the perfect texture compliment to the corn and the cream.

My good friend Sarah has made it, and loved it. So I have at least one person that I can say agrees and made it in their own kitchen. Her kids loved it, just as mine did.

Serve with Cesar salad and crusty bread.

Krab Corn Chowder


Krab Corn Chowder

1-tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1-cup celery, chopped
2 can condensed cream of celery soup
1 12 oz package of frozen corn
1 ½ cups krab meat, chopped
2 cups vegetable broth
¼ cup cilantro (optional)
½ poblano pepper (optional)


1. Sauté celery and onion until onion is clear, about 10 min.

2. Combine all other ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook until warmed through.

No comments: